No video signal during HDD repair

JDtg

Hello everyone.

I bought a new HDD (Toshiba P300) to replace my old Toshiba, which is about to fail. During the cloning process I encountered a fatal error and after some reading I decided to repair the HDD via windows drive repair. It's been at it for 26 hours now, so when I went to bed yesterday I powered down my monitor (Asus ROG pg278q). This morning I turned it on, but it tells me there is no signal. I tried plugging it in via HDMI and DP and I tried plugging in my second monitor (Acer Predator XB241H) via HDMI as well. No monitor is receiving any signal.

I am currently still running the repair process, the new HDD is connected via HAMA dock.

I can't access my system details at the moment, but my rig should consist of the following:

GPU: EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080
CPU: Intel I-7700
CPU cooling: BeQuiet Dark Rock Pro 3 250W
Motherboard: Gygabite Gaming K3 z270
Storage:
Samsung 840 Pro (system drive)
Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB (the drive being repaired)
Samsung 970 Evo 1TB
RAM: Patriot Viper 4 8GB x 2

Monitors: ASUS ROG PG278Q
ACER Predator XB241H
Not daisy chained since the ACER comes with HDMI only, so one on DP one on HDMI.

Any advice on what to do? I'd at least like to see what is going on.

Oddba11

Jim
Repairing the failing disk was likely not a good idea.

The system is likely not in a good state, hung or crashed, depending on the fatal error which you already received.

JDtg

Repairing the failing disk was likely not a good idea.

The system is likely not in a good state, hung or crashed, depending on the fatal error which you already received.
I used macrium for cloning and received error 9 and read error 23. My black screen tells me that repairing the failing desk was not my most glorious moment. Do you have a suggestion for me?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.