1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No video signal on reboot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mdog24, Nov 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdog24

mdog24 Thread Starter

I didn't know where to post this so I put it where I thought it fit best. As the title states I have problems with getting a video signal whenever I reboot. No matter how my computer gets to the point where it is rebooting, I have this problem. I have tried using a different monitor but even the "new" monitor doesn't get a video signal. I am using 2 Radeon 2900 XT HD 1GB cards in a crossfire setup and my monitor is a 22" ViewSonic Optiquest. The other monitor I tried to use when I first noticed the problem was my old 17" CRT monitor.

It seems that if I wait a while, between 30 minutes and upwards of 2+ hours, it ends up resolving itself. I would really prefer for it to not do this so I don't have to avoid rebooting like everyone avoids the blue screen of death. Thanks in advance for any help or insight into the issue.

2. mdog24

mdog24 Thread Starter

Shortly after posting I tried re-seating the video cards as well as removing the battery for the BIOS. Now it seems I have even more problems than I had before. The lights to show that my computer is actually doing something don't come on and now both of the red LEDs on the top of my video cards are on. I'm really hoping there is a cheap and easy solution to the problem, I'm not really in a position to buy any new parts. :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649832

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice