1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

no video signal

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bsn56, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bsn56

bsn56 Thread Starter

I just bought a new processor because the old one no longer works. When I relaplaced it and put everything back together.. I turned it on and I am not getting a video signal at all. I tried it with the old one just to see and it does not work either.

One of the processor prong things (on bottom) was bent.. it came that way I believe. So I bent it back slightly and it fit in nicely. However I'm having problems and I am not sure what its related to. Any help?

2. slink9

slink9

Is the motherboard properly set up for the processor? If not, you probably fried something on the mobo itself. Take a look at the mobo manual and verify that all jumpers are set properly.

It is not a good idea to tweak the pins on a processor. You may have introduced a static zap and killed it.

3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

it's not a good idea but if any pin/s is/are bent bent you just gotta be careful straightening them, what's the alternative, most places won't take the processor back. :cool:

4. bsn56

bsn56 Thread Starter

Well the old processor what intel celeron but so is this one, however it is celeron d.. is it possible my motherboard doesn't support celeron d?

5. slink9

slink9

Most likely!!!
    Just because it fits doesn't mean it works. Have you taken a look at the manual to verify what it supports?

6. bsn56

bsn56 Thread Starter

Oh great what was I thinking..

Well it says it supports the lastest generation Intel P4 level processors taht achieve from 1.4 to 2.53 GHZ and the one I have is 2.4 GHz. It sounds like it should work does it not?

7. bsn56

bsn56 Thread Starter

uh oh I just read that it suports celeron 1.7 to 1.9 ghz and up.. but it has not been tested yet

8. slink9

slink9

Check for an updated manual version, BIOS, and firmware. It may be supported now and all you will need is the latest patches.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!