No Video Signal?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dagerousdave

Hello People.

This Is My First Post On This Forum.

I Have Had This Problem For A While, And Although I Can Use The Pc - It Is Still Very Annoying As I Have To Reset The Cmos Everytime I Reboot.

I Have :
Mb - Gigabyte 7N400L + Amd Athlon 3000
Nvidia GEFORCE 5600 Fx
Kingston Pc3200 (2 X 512)

I Think The Cause Was A Dodgey Nvidia Program For Overclocking The Graphics. After Running The Program I Tried To Boot-up And Got The No Video Signal Msg On The Moniter. All The Fans Were Still Running But No Post Beeps.

The Only Thing I Could Try Was Resetting The Cmos And Thank God That Worked, But Now I Have To Do It Everytime I Reboot.

I Tried The Obvious And Tried Another Video Card But Same Thing. Also Tried System Restore But It Wouldn't Let Me Restore To An Earlier Date. Tried The Restore Disks Also.

I Think That I Must've Fried Something On The Mb, But Dont Know For Sure.

Any Help Or Advice Would Be Much Appreciated.

Just to clarify if you reset CMOS, you are able to boot up normally and run Windows until you shut down and start up again?

dagerousdave

Not getting many replies here :( . i would be grateful for any input at all.

Been reading thru some other posts and im still not sure if it is software or hardware related. I thought it was hardware at first, but someone mentioned a bios reset on the MB.

Any help would be appreciated.

iv seen another post like yours and a close friend of mines has the exact problem with a amd xp 2200 or 2400+ shes not sure wat motherboard but me and her talking narrowed it down to either motherboard or somthing on cpu gone bad. Somthing you could try is taking cpu put and putting it back in be carful they break easy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online