Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DevlinSar

I have an old build GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 4.0, 16gb ram, 3gb Sapphire 7970 Ghz edition, 1200w power supply.

There was an issue with my USB 3.0 front ports. So today I received my cpu cooler upgrade. A Cooler Masterliquid 120 Pro. I got it installed and I reset the CMOS while I was in the case to see if it would fix the issue with the front panel. I put everything back together and pressed the power button. Every booted up and was running but there is no video. Video card has power, all fans and the coolermaster is running. Hard drive is spinning, everything is working but the video. I tried the other video outputs that are there but to no avail its not working. The only symptom that is happening is that the reset button is not working and the hard shut off isnt working as well. Hold the power button until shut down does not work. So to shut the system down, I have to unplug it from the wall. Please help

DevlinSar

Well I figured out the problem myself. The CPU Power adapter was not installed correctly. My own fault I overlooked it. Thank you for letting me post here. Hopefully someone who runs into this issue can use this to fix it for themselves.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online