No way to get Nvidia Graphics card enabled!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Helpmeee2

I'm in a crisis right now. My Nvidia crashes often in games and says it's a Nvidia crashing. I'm having the common Windows 10 error when you can't see the graphics driver in device manager. Also, I have NEVER had the graphics control panel so I can't change it from that. Another thing is that since I'm using an HP Laptop I cannot get into the advanced BIOS menu! I need help to get my Nvidia working.

Heres Stuff I Already Tried... https://forums.geforce.com/default/...o-way-to-get-nvidia-graphics-card-enabled-/1/

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm using an HP Laptop
What's the model name and complete model number of that HP laptop?
What's the exact product number(P/N) on it?

--------------------------------------------------------------

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
HP 15-f162dx Notebook PC
J9M38UA#ABA
It appears that laptop originally came with Windows 8.1 64-bit.

How long has it been running Windows 10 64-bit?

It appears to have an Intel HD Graphics 4400 graphic device.

Go into the Device Manager and then expand the Display Adapters heading.
What's the exact description of the device(s) listed there?

Last edited:

Helpmeee2

Its been about 3 months I think. Also Yes Online It only states Intel BUT When My NVidia crashes it states its a NVidia.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Please complete the instructions in my last reply so we can confirm what graphic device(s) are actually in that laptop.

Some laptop have multiple graphic devices, but not all of them.

HERE is the most current Windows 10 64-bit driver for the Intel HD Graphics 4400 graphic device.

upload_2016-7-30_15-2-25.png

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I provided you with a "HERE" link in post #6 so you can download and install the most current Windows 10 64-bit driver for the Intel HP Graphics 4400 graphic device in that laptop.
If you haven't already done it, you should do it.

I'm still confused as to why you're having NVIDIA-related issues in that laptop - since it doesn't appear to have a NVIDIA graphic device.

And you definitely need to uninstall the NVidia drivers. I just looked and that laptop does not have an NVidia video card; only the Intel HD. Do Winkey+R and type in appwiz.cpl to get to the Programs and Features which is where you uninstall things.

Do WinKey+R and type in appwiz.cpl to open the Programs and Features which is where you uninstall software. I'll bet there's an NVidia something in there!

Then we need the exact wording of the error message that you are getting, please?

There is NO NVidia hardware in that laptop so you cannot enable it and something is very fishy.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
When a NVIDIA graphic driver is installed for the first time or is being updated, the install process checks first for system compatibility.

If no NVIDIA graphic device is detected in the computer, the driver shouldn't install.

I'm still confused by what you said in post #1.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online