1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Web Access

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Book Worm, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Book Worm

Book Worm Thread Starter

Does anyone have any idea why I can't get on line (except through AOL 3.0)? I have a Sony Vaio operating on Win95 with the original versions of MSN, IE, Netscape 2.1, & AOL 3.0 pre-installed. For some reason neither of my browsers work. I am only able to log on through AOL 3.0. But I am not able to search the web. I've reset everything back to their defaults, & have tried upgrading my browsers, but nothing works. I can't even check my Yahoo! mail. I'm getting messages such as no DNS entries, or something about security.

Help.

2. Monk_

Monk_

Many, or most, websites require at least Netscape 4 or IE 5. Try upgrading to the latest versions you can find. Also AOHELL is now available in ver 7.

3. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

4. Book Worm

Book Worm Thread Starter

The problem seems to have appeared since day 1 (1995). I inherited the pc from my brother after he gave up trying to establish access on it. Ever since the pc was brand new, he tried several times to sign up w/MSN. A recorded message would come on stating that "Your call is unable to go through as dialed. Please check the number & try again."

When I tried upgrading Netscape, I would get a message stating that a the program cannot be upgraded because a later version has been installed (even though it hasn't). Or a flag pops up stating something about a DNS entry not found.

When I tried upgrading to IE 5.5, the start-up page appears for a split second, then disappears. Even when I try to connect to my Sony on-line support, the same flag pops up stating "www.sony.com... DNS entry not found."

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65867

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice