1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

No Windows

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by computercare, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. computercare

computercare Thread Starter

:confused: I recently had a Gateway 2000 Pentium II, with a 233 procerror, givin to me. The problem is the machine had WIN95 on it and the person tried to upgrade with WIN98. It won't load (I don't know why it won't load), so they removed it, and now WIN95 won't come up. When you turn the machine on it goes thur the post and WIN95 starts, then it goes to DOS. I tried to boot with a WIN95 boot disk and I get this message: "OS load in progress" "Disk I/O error replace disk and press any key". I want to fix the problem, however I don't know where to start? I was hoping to get some help here?:confused:

2. deanas

deanas

Hi computercare:
    Try pressing the f8 key when booting win95 and if
    the screen comes up, boot in safe mode.
    Try another startup disk ( from a win 98 machine if
    possible).
    When you at dos, try typing:
    dir /p
    do you get folders and files?

3. ratchet

ratchet

computercare,
    I would agree with deanas, but you can try both 95 & 98, download both here and give it a shot.
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66551

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice