1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

NOD32 Not Starting Up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by feathead, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. feathead

feathead Thread Starter

While trying to figure out why the AMON module didn't always start up on boot (rest of NOD32 started OK) I evidently made a change that now has the entire program not starting up on boot. I can go in and launch it once the machine is running and everything is OK. How do I get back to having the program start on boot? Thanks as usual.
    John

2. TOGG

TOGG

My NOD failed to load at startup recently (at least the icon didn't show up on the taskbar) so I went looking for a reason.

I couldn't find anything obvious so I reinstated the splash screen so I know it has loaded on every startup. I haven't had any problems since!

3. TOGG

TOGG

You may not have too long to troubleshoot your problem because V 3.0 of the AV (or the new Security Suite if you prefer it) will be out on 5th. November.

I assume that licence holders will be invited to upgrade soon afterwards, unless Eset intend to support 2.7 for a while.

4. feathead

feathead Thread Starter

Sorry for my delayed response. Not sure what you are referring to with mention of the "splash screen". Thanks for the response.
    John

5. TOGG

TOGG

Sorry, I wasn't trying to appear to be a 'techie', it's just that I found out what program opening screens were called when I read about it somewhere!

If you right click on the NOD icon and then left click on 'NOD32 System setup' then 'Setup' you should see a 'General' tab with a box marked 'Graphics'. There is a line 'Do not display NOD32 splash screen at startup', uncheck the box by that line and you should see a small 'NOD32' announcement at every startup.

6. feathead

feathead Thread Starter

Thanks, tried this and now it's just inconsistent. Starts sometimes and not others. Who knows!!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645312

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice