Nod32 Uninstall problems.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mathias76

Hi.

I uninstalled Nod32 some time ago and now use Kaspersky instead. I used the regular uninstall-application that came along with the program and everything went fine. But now (like 3 months later) when I use "Sysinternals Process Explorer 10.11" I find that Nod32's "Imon.dll" still resides in my system (C:\Windows\System32\imon.dll) and is being used by "Firefox.exe", "Svchost.exe" and "Miranda.exe".
I can´t delete the dll-file, I only get "Access denied". I have tried to unregister the dll-file with regsvr32.exe /u imon.dll but that won´t help either. I simply can´t get rid of the file safely. How can I delete the file safely and stop it from being used/loaded into the memory? I guess I can boot safemode and delete it but is it safe?

Regards // Matt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online