1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

noise from loud speakers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by okeee, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

win xp, asus p5q-e onboard soundcard

When some sound is playing (game, video) every 30 seconds there is some "static" noise. It sounds as looking up different stations on a old radio.

I don't know if this is hardware or software problem. No new hardware is added. I dont have any other loudspeakers to test.

A while ago I had this problem as well but somehow it disappeared. the noise is more often when surfing on internet or only navigating in windows.

2. kev1952

kev1952

Where do you keep your mobile phone? A mobile close to the speakers will cause this problem when it performs a scan.

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Cell phone is a great thought and remember as long as you go to the motherboard maker site and download and install the newest audio drivers, it cannot hurt to do so as well.

4. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

Ok, I noticed that the noise appears more often when loading web pages, or just whenever something has to be loaded. Could this also be a software problem? There is no cell phone near.
    I checked, asus website, and there are 3 drivers for audio (p5q-e)
    http://www.asus.com/product.aspx?P_ID=ogZlrSeVzUh9MKLO

Which one do I need? THe 2 newest are beta version.

I used headphones directly connected to system case, and there was still the noise in sound.

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

No betas please...you already have a potential issue.

6. okeee

okeee Thread Starter

Ok, also I installed a virtual dvd-player. Could that be the problem, could it interfere?

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Yes that could interfere.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/967952

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice