Noise produced without microphone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zaryaab

Hey wassup everyone... my problem is that noise is produced without a mic , when i disconnect my microphone(it's a condenser mic) from the USB Sound card (Headphones are still connected) , and i go to {recording setting > recording devices > microphone properties > listen to this device} it starts making noise without any microphone and its also being recording in the recordings i do with my mic.. it affects my recording a lot,, if anyone know how to fix it , please let me know , im facing this problem real bad , thank you...

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hi Zaryaab, and welcome to TSG.

I am not sure if new members are allowed to upload files as soon as they join. If you see an "Upload File" button under the box where you write your reply, you could try compressing a short sample of a recording of the noise and compressing it into a ZIP file. Then upload the zip file in a reply here.

If you are unable to do that, please provide a description of the noise as best you can. In either case, it might help if we also knew the brand and model number of your USB sound card.

If the sound card has a physical and/or software microphone level control, does the volume of the noise change when you adjust the microphone input level(s)?

Is there any amount of the same noise when a microphone is plugged in and in a quiet area?

Zaryaab

It's like background noise but way more than a background noise cause my room isn't that noisy , and Yes there's the same amount of noise when in a quiet area , even when i unplug the microphone , there's no microphone sound but the noise has no difference, it is there.. and it was good before tho.. i dunno why it started doing like this...even tho i changed my windows today, from windows 7 to windows 8 , but still not well,, i'll be waiting for a solution..

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does the noise sound like this?

Let me rephrase the last question in my original reply. Does the noise with no microphone plugged in go away completely or just get quieter when the microphone gets plugged in.

Still waiting for your replies to:

1) If the sound card has a physical and/or software microphone level control, does the volume of the noise change when you adjust the microphone input level(s)?

2) It might help if we also knew the brand and model number of your USB sound card.

Zaryaab

Yes the noise is just the same like in the video and I dunno what's the brand of the Sound card but i bought the Flourean BM800 microphone and i got this sound card with it..it has no brand name except "5H" written on it..and the noise is the same but when i plug in or plug out the mic , it fades a little for a second and then comes back again..
and the sound card has no level control it's plain with just 2 ports in it..

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am finding information on a USB sound card that has "5H v2" printed on it. It seems to be a generic device that is distributed under various brand names. Here is a link to one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/SteelSeries-Siberia-Soundcard-Surround-Sound/dp/B07MYN56X3

If that is very similar or the same as what came with your microphone, you probably need to find yourself a better sound card. A Google search for 5H v2 will find pages of people saying it is very noisy.

Zaryaab

But it wasn't at the beginning , and i have 2 other sound cards , i've them too... but still not good...

Zaryaab

oh sorry my bad , i was saying that I've tried 2 other sound cards too...

Zaryaab

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
When you are making the recordings are you using software to create digital audio files on the computer? If so, I would think all of the audio is in a digital format from the time it comes in through the USB port until it is saved as a file on the computer.

The computer hardware would not be adding noise to the digital data. I could see how some kind of a DC power supply or grounding issue with the USB ports in the computer would be adding analog noise to the USB port's power. That would be affecting the analog portion of any USB sound device plugged into the USB port.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Test the sound card(s) and microphone on a different computer. If they don't have the noise problem, then the source of the noise is most likely your computer hardware. A simple test would be to see if all the ports have the same problem. Beyond that, give us the details of your computer hardware and someone may have suggestions for any kinds of DIY repair.

Zaryaab

Test the sound card(s) and microphone on a different computer. If they don't have the noise problem, then the source of the noise is most likely your computer hardware. A simple test would be to see if all the ports have the same problem. Beyond that, give us the details of your computer hardware and someone may have suggestions for any kinds of DIY repair.
Yes it's the same problem with all the ports.. and i don't have any other pc to check the mic and sound card , is there any other way?:(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online