Noise produced without microphone

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Does the microphone work if you plug it into the computer's microphone jack?

With the USB sound card plugged in and with the microphone plugged into the card do any other sound sources show up in the recording software?

Zaryaab

Does the microphone work if you plug it into the computer's microphone jack?

With the USB sound card plugged in and with the microphone plugged into the card do any other sound sources show up in the recording software?
No it doesn't works when i put it into the computer's microphone jack , but in the sound card it works ,

There's not any other source showing up in the recording software , just the noise (Mic plugged in or not)...

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I am not familiar with using external sound cards and do not know if the following is possible.

Could there be two microphone level settings; one in the Windows sound control panel that is set very low so that the microphone signal level is close to the background noise of the card, and is followed by the recording software microphone level control that is increasing both the volume of the microphone and background noise?

Beyond that, I am out of ideas.

plodr

Liz
Did you look at the reviews?
1. ...there is a nasty static/crackling noise constantly coming through the microphone
2. ...it has a constant crackling noise when using it
3. There was so much white noise, the microphone was un-usable
4. The microphone had a very loud static noise come thru every couple seconds
5. There's a high-pitch sound in the background of all the recordings I make
6. I thought this would enable microphone to work. It turns out it also needs an adaptor
7. Terrible Buzzing Sound Even with Phantom Power

What you are experiencing is typical of the microphone.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online