1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Noisey CD Player

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by ebony, Jan 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

When a music CD or a game is payed on my CD player a crackling sound is heard in the backgound.The player is about 3 years old.When I play music directly from my PC there is no crackling sound so I assume myC player is the problem.
    Any suggestions?

2. harpstringer

harpstringer

First buy or borrow a CD, DVD & CD ROM Lens cleaner - These have a tiny brush that spins around and cleans the lens. A technician can clean the lens but you need to know what you're doing or you can easily knock the thing out of whack. I use Maxell cleaner but there are others available. If that doesn't solve your problem have your local computer Guru check the connections to the unit and to the mother board. - Good luck::D

3. n2gun

n2gun

On the front of your cd drive is a place to hook in earphones. Try plugging earphones in there and see if you hear it then. If you do, try a lens cleaner. If that does not help, open the case and carefully disconnect one cable at a time and reconnect the same way it came off. There may be a bad connection there. Also if you have another audio cable you may try replacing it.

4. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll will order a lense cleaner and let you know if it works.

5. ebony

ebony Thread Starter

The crackling sound is gone but when I play music from my Cd or PC there is no treble,it's all base. I can't seem to get any treble coming out of the speakers.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/66285

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice