1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Noisy AT2020 Mic in OBS Studio

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jamesps, May 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Jamesps

Jamesps Thread Starter

Hey anyone that can chat with me and help me setup my microphone will be greatly appreciated. I have it set up but it sounds awful theres tons of background noise and I've tried all I can to fix it but I dont know how.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi Jamesps, and welcome to TSG.

The site rules require that all assistance be done in our forums.

If you believe your microphone problem is software related, then please reply with the details of the hardware and software involved and what you have already tried to resolve the problem. Someone here may then be able to help you.

3. Jamesps

Jamesps Thread Starter

Well I have an audio technica at2020 microphone connected to an external power ssupply(micro power ps400). I dont know much about specifics of anything but I use obs to record and theres just so much static and ringing in the background and my voice itself is also very static and kind of echoey. I've tried to use the filters obs offers to make it better and it doesnt work I've downloaded some other things as well just basically more filters to try and drown it out. Like I said I dont know alot about what I'm doing, I just dont understand where or how this could be happening it's all brand new or was when I bought it and it's done it from the start. If you need more info please ask bc I dont know what to give

4. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!