Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noisy PC and a new MotherBoard

269 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
I have a PC and not long ago I bought a new MotherBoard with new CPU and new fans . I still have my old GPU my RAM the SSD and the PSU. with buying the new componets I mentioned above I thought this will resolve the loudy noise coming out of my PC but to no avail. my pc is still noisy like an airplane especially with loading apps and games etc. Is there anyting I can do?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: ‏‏Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20200716113359.000000+120
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900F CPU @ 2.80GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 5, CPU Count: 20
Total Physical RAM: 64 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 464 GB (272 GB Free); D: 3725 GB (2871 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. Z590 GAMING X, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends International, LLC., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: IObit Malware Fighter, Enabled and Updated

#2 ·
Is there anyting I can do?
First find out what fan or fans are causing the problem. Open the case and look/listen when running programs. Next most [if not all] nvidia card mfg have monitoring software available for download. Install the software and see the speed of the fans for the video card.

It is also possible your pw supply fan is making the noise. Get a long screwdriver or straw and place it against various parts. Hold the other end up to your ear. This will help with finding out what is causing the noise.

#7 ·
The recommended minimum pw supply is 600W so 750W would be fine as long as the pw supply is a decent quality one. There is a LOT more to a pw supply than simply a wattage rating AND all 750W pw supplies are NOT equal. As long as you stick to name brands ie seasonic, corsair, or superflower, you should be OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.