1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nokia 9210i problem on a presario 2826ea

Discussion in 'DOS/Other' started by Spinach, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spinach

Spinach Thread Starter

Hello,

I have just set up a Compaq Presario 2826EA Notebook (w/WinXP Pro) for a user. This guy uses a NOKIA 9210i (its almost his best friend :) ). After loading the PC Suite software I found a big problem.

After logging onto the network, as the software loads up the machine hangs 8 out 10 times . If I undock the machine everything comes alive and continues as normal. I have to then close the application that listens for the 9210 on a COM Port before i can re-dock. I have taken the machine through to HP/Compaq and they are just as baffled as I am. They tried installing the sofware on different 2826EA with the same result. Problem with this model?

I am not sure what compaq did but I tried changing the COM port settings, changing com port numbers, speeds the works.

Unfortunately the user doesn't want to hear that i can't get it going. Is there anything else I can try? I know its a stab in the dark but its worth a try anyway....?

oh, one more thing, this model presario does not have a serial port on board, only one on the docking station.

thanks
    preston

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119493

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice