1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nokia PC suite- hardware not connecting

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by robdouglas, Mar 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. robdouglas

robdouglas Thread Starter

Can anyone help....I am trying to connect my new Nokia 7610 phone to my pc (windows xp).
    Have followed all instructions on the installation disk. I am using a DKU-2 USB cable which came with the phone.
    All seems to go well with loading the cable driver and the pc suite except that I get a box up saying "there was a problem installing hardware and it may not work properly" well indeed it does not work at all. When I try to use I am told that a phone is not connected.
    I have verifyed cable driver installation by checking Contol panel-system- hardware and device manager...... It shows that the nokia 7610 USB parent phone and Nokia 7610 USB OBEX are present. However it does not show Nokia 7610 USB modem AT.
    Have uninstalled and reinstalled both cable drive and pc suite to no avail. Have also tried installing the pc suite via the web.
    Any ideas?
    I know the cable is ok as I have tried it at the orange shop. I know the phone is ok as I have tried someone elses computer who has pc suite and it worked ok.
    Please help ....but please note i am only a beginner so you will need to give simple instructions. Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!