1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

non- beta steam account

Discussion in 'Games' started by Piringa, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

The new steam non beta version wont take my old account from the beta version. Do I have to make a new one?

2. Murdoc2k

Murdoc2k

I'm not sure... but just make a new one anyways...

btw: I heard u have to pay for steam now... at least I heard from a friend who tried :(

3. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

Yeah I fixed it, I had to remake the account. With same user name and password. Also It told me that my cd key entitled me for a free month of steam. So I'm assuming that we gotta pay for it now. So lame.

It will kill the CS culture.

4. McTimson

McTimson

Yup, it sucks...but then again, so does 1.6. And they can't make us pay for 1.5, which is even better than 1.6. There's lots of rumors about what Steam is going to do with it, and when HL2 comes out, I guess it will all be resolved.

5. KeithKman

KeithKman

Yes, you must make a new Steam account.

6. Deathdealer

Deathdealer Guest

why would you have to pay more money after you already

bought half life - countersitrke

i thought it was for free

7. Piringa

Piringa Thread Starter

OMG When I installed the new steam non beta it told me it could replace all 1.5 stuff. So I said yeah. Now I gotta pay or reinstall OMG.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164660

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice