1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

non compatible drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sahil_2220, Aug 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sahil_2220

sahil_2220 Thread Starter

I am hearing that ms has stopped support for xp. So i am planning to switch to server 2003, which has an extended support for upto 2010. I downloaded a trial version of the server 2003 r2 enterprise edition with service pack 2, installed it as second os and updated the os to latest fixies. The very first stumbling blok came as i was installing the drivers.

it says the drivers are not compatible for the os. the only driver that was installed was the chipset driver and the ethernet card. i have one extra d-link ethernet card installed in the pci slots. the graphics drivers are also the default drivers that came with the os.

other devices is also showing a yellow question mark(pic included)

i probed for the high definition audio drivers for my motherboard and server 2003 the one that came did not install.

then somebody suggested to change the property of the install file and make it compatible to xp. i did that too. but during installation it said that the xp installed is not service pack 2. so that option too failed.

i am giving all the details of my system. thanks in advance:

[Computer:]

Operating System-------Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2, Enterprise Edition
    OS Service Pack---------Service Pack 2
    DirectX -----------------------4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)

Motherboard:
    CPU Type-------------------------DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo E4500, 2200 MHz (11 x 200)
    Motherboard Name------------DG33FB (3 PCI, 3 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Video, Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)
    Motherboard Chipset----------Intel Bearlake G33
    System Memory----------------1004 MB (DDR2-667 DDR2 SDRAM)

Display:
    Video Adapter---------------------Standard VGA Graphics Adapter (8128 KB)
    3D Accelerator--------------------Intel GMA 3100

Multimedia:
    Audio Adapter---------------------Realtek ALC888/S/T @ Intel 82801IB ICH9 - High Definition Audio Controller

[ South Bridge: Intel 82801IH ICH9DH ]
    South Bridge Properties:
    South Bridge----------------------------------Intel 82801IH ICH9DH
    High Definition Audio:
    Codec Name----------------------------------Realtek ALC888/S/T
    Codec ID----------------------------------------10EC0888h / 80860002h
    Codec Revision--------------------------------00100001h
    Codec Type------------------------------------ Audio
    Supported Sound Formats---------------- 44 kHz, 48 kHz, 96 kHz, 192 kHz, 16-bit, 20-bit, 24-bit

PCI Express Controller:
    PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #1------------------------------Empty
    PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #2------------------------------In Use @ x1 (Marvell 88SE6101 Serial ATA II Host Controller)

PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #3 Empty
    PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #4 Empty
    PCI-E 1.0 x1 port #5 Empty

Attached Files:

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/737483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice