1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Non-functional MacBook Pro back to not turning on after cleaning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by eloisemkelly, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eloisemkelly

eloisemkelly Thread Starter

I have a mid-2012 15" MacBook Pro that suffered some liquid damage recently. Afterwards it would not turn on, but the charger and battery indicator both still lit up.

I took it to my local repair shop today where they cleaned it all out. It turned on when I picked it up, and turned on again at home (but seemingly only while plugged in despite being at 80%). It has a non-functional keyboard and the power button only worked to turn it on - pressing it while it was on wouldn't shut it down.

Now, around 3 hours later, it's back to refusing to turn on. It's my understanding that the power button is essentially part of the keyboard, so could it be an issue with the keyboard itself instead? What could cause it to only turn on for a few hours? I usually like to investigate myself first, so what's my next step?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Its very possible that whatever was spilled in there did so much damage that the computer might not be right ever again. even tho it was cleaned the motherboard etc might be ruined beyond repair.you might get another opinion but im thinking the damage isnt fixable at this point.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145422

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice