1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Non responsive Key board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by SGapp, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SGapp

SGapp Thread Starter

I have An ECS K7S5A Pro mother board with a keyboard that won't respond. This is one of the stangest issues I have have ever come across dealing with keyboards. When the computer boots it will boot into Windows XP and the keyboard will not respond but the mouse responds and device manager shows no keyboard listed and no conflicts. Then when you reboot the computer and try to access the bios the the key board still won't respond and the computer boots into Windows as before. No "no keyboard" errors are posted on boot up. I have tried all of the standard trouble shooting techniques (trying different keyboards switching cables etc...). Is the anybody that has come across a systoms like this? I am reluctant to condem this MB because I don't know for sure whats wrong Thanks Scott :confused:

2. active95

active95

Is the keyboard standard PS/2 or the USB kind ( too lazy to check on the specs of the board).
    But let's assume that the keyboard is the PS/2 kind. If you tried the usual "song and swap" :D and still no response, then it's the board chip that is messing up. I would give it a last shot, but looking on the mobo and trying to clear up the CMOS if you haven't tried it yet.
    HTH

3. SGapp

SGapp Thread Starter

Thanks for the good advice. I didn't think about doing that.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/263740

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice