Non System disk error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Multiplestreams

Hello I need help. my computer keeps showing this error msg... Non System disk or disk error replace & strike any key when ready..... I replaced the Hard drive...so I know it is not that. I noticed this happened when i hit restore defaults in my Bios. I have Hp Compaq 6715b. I also noticed it said "media test failure check cables...it says time & date not set....I also changed the cpu battery.. If you mention a hardrive recovery cd...how will this work when the computer wont even boot....including any cd's i put into it...Thanks for your help.

dai

can you see the drive listed in the bios ok

is the boot order set to

cd
hd

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online