Non-System Disk or Disk Error

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mangatrekkie

Hello All,

We have a computer at work that, every morning, gives a "Non-System Disk or Disk Error" message and will not boot to the main hard drive. However, if we wait about 15 minutes, we can press any key to try again and the computer will boot to windows immediately and have no problems. I can restart the PC as many times as I want after that and everything works fine until the next morning when it's turned on for the day. So far I have disabled the non-boot secondary hard drive in the BIOS and executed a POST delay of 10 seconds, both to no avail. The computer is a Z220 HP Workstation. The main drive is an Intel SSD and the secondary drive is just for File History Backup, a WD 1tb HDD.

Any Suggestions?

Oddba11

Jim
Most common cause is an aging/failing HDD, but that only applies to spinning drives not SSD's. So I would suspect a motherboard or power supply issue. Likely aging components or a loose connection.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!