1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Non working keyboard on ASUS K60I

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ZMan350, Jan 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ZMan350

ZMan350 Thread Starter

My ASUS computer has decided to have the keyboard not respond to any keystroke activity. Funny thing is, however, that on start up, when the password box comes up, I can usually type the password. But once the program goes on into start up, the keyboard will not work. I've checked my virus and malware programs with no visible results. I'm at a loss on where to look next. Is this a software or hardware issue? Thanks to all responders.:(

2. w7pro

w7pro

Try to uninstall/reinstall your keyboard and see if that has any affect. Also try to update the keyboard drivers. This will at least rule out that it's possible a driver issue.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. ZMan350

ZMan350 Thread Starter

Must I remind you the keyboard doesn't work...Also, I did not receive any discs with the purchase. Is there any way to get the driver I need on-line? The update did not work

4. w7pro

w7pro

You might be able to find the drivers on the manufacturer's website

5. vicks

vicks

Use your mouse to go into control panel>system>device manager, right click on Keyboard, select properties>remove. Reboot the computer and let it reinstall it.
    Vicks

6. ZMan350

ZMan350 Thread Starter

I have located software for the keyboard on the ASUS site but am unclear what software to uninstall/install.

7. vicks

vicks

you should be able to get the list of what was originally installed on your particular computer and that would let you know what you need to install. You will probably need the model number, serial number, to get that
    Vicks

8. ZMan350

ZMan350 Thread Starter

I got the info off Sys info. It looks like the keyboard software is called the Keyboard Device Filter, ver 1.0.0.3 and I have found that software on the Mfg's site. The problem is that when I go to uninstall, I can't find that specific program.

9. vicks

vicks

Have you done what I suggested in post number 5?
    Vicks

10. ZMan350

ZMan350 Thread Starter

Yes, I have access to the on screen keyboard.

11. ZMan350

ZMan350 Thread Starter

I still have a non responding keyboard to any key depression after the password is typed. I have done all the troublshooting available with the computer. I have downloaded the latest keyboard software available from the Mfg. I have searched high & low but no results. The desktop backround has disappeared as well. Specs are:ASUS Notebook model K60IJ x64 based PC purchased 11 months ago. I'm guessing a startup issue because I can type the password but nothing after that. Need assistance please.

12. Gouthaman

Gouthaman

Purchased 11 months ago? You have a warranty my friend. Do contact ASUS, I am sure they'll have a look for free. :)

13. w7pro

w7pro

I agree with Gouthaman inasmuch as you should consider taking it back, however, if you want to try something more immediate, see if you can run it in safe mode and do a system restore to a point to when your keyboard was functioning. At the very least, you can confirm/rule out that it's a hardware issue.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

14. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

ZMan350

As you see I have Merged your two threads into just one. TSG allows just one thread for the same computer issue.

Please stick with this one thread.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977608

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice