1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

none of my games will run correctly

Discussion in 'Games' started by btacethe2nd, Dec 13, 2011.

?

what should i do?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. should i get a new computer?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. or can i easily fix this?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. btacethe2nd

btacethe2nd Thread Starter

ok, so i have a oldish computer, it has a 2.8 GHz processor but only 1 GB ram, i run xp on it. it can run games 3 years or older just fine, not any new ones. But recently all of my games that once worked, are now crashing, in a sense. some games, like dawn of war, let me go to the main menu but when i click start a game, the screen either go's black or flashes colors, the sound works just fine. this makes me leave the game, although my system is running smoothly. some games just start black but the sound works. ALL of my games are doing this, and i have no idea why. has my video card died? do i need to add more RAM? HELP!!!

2. luther1496

luther1496

You should check the temperatures on your gpu, try this software here:

HWMonitor

It sounds like your gpu might be overheating.

3. btacethe2nd

alright i ran the program, what am i looking for?

4. luther1496

luther1496

Take a printscreen of the results and post them here as a jpeg.

5. btacethe2nd

6. btacethe2nd

i know its a .gif but it works.

7. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    All of your voltages are way out!

This could be a problem with HWMonitor reading the sensor outputs or it could be your power supply, I would suspect it is HWMonitor at the moment based on the amount the figures are wrong, it does happen sometimes.

Enter the BIOS for the machine, normally access by pressing the 'del' key at start up, you should have a message telling you what key to press to enter setup. Go into that, then have a look through the options and see if it lists the voltages in there as this will be far more accurate.

What is the exact make and model of the PC?
    Have you ever upgraded any hardware since you had it?
    It could be the at the power supply is just failing due to age, they all degrade over time.

8. luther1496

luther1496

What he said, would have replied straight away but was on phone and it decided I couldn't post or even send pms.

9. btacethe2nd

sorry this took so long, but i bought a new computer and i kinda forgot about it. my computer does not have an exact make and model it was built by my friend a few years back. i have not upgraded any hardware at all. although it was top of the line a few years ago.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1031093

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice