None of the microphones jacks on my pc work

Cosmickel

I recently bought a splitter so that I could use my arctis 7 on my on with mic and sound but the mic only gives a crazy staticky noise with no voice at all. The sound does work. I tried plugging to the back of my pc, same issue. I tried plugging with different headphones, same issue. The headphones work on my laptop and console, and I dont think it is the splitter either because when connecting my headphones to only the audio jack I had the same issue. It could be something like a driver issue but Im not sure. The mobo im using is the msi b450 pro carbon max wifi atx am4.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Cosmickel, and welcome to TSG.

I recently bought a splitter
Are you referring to a 3.5 mm TRRS jack to a 3.5 mm TRS stereo headphone plug and a 3.5 mm TS mono microphone plug? If so, is the splitter's jack using a CTIA standard configuration rather than an OMTP standard configuration?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts