1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

none of thumb drive accessing records from USB port

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Alicia1414, Jul 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alicia1414

Alicia1414 Thread Starter

i am trying to open files with my thumb drive using either one of my two USB ports but when I click on files to open, it does not open my files but instead opens up multiple (hundreds if i don't escape out) of tabs on the internet. How can I stop this from happening and open my files?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 11211 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 1831 GB (1777 GB Free);
    Motherboard: LENOVO, Bantry CRB
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

2. kenbok51

kenbok51

The drive may be infected. Have you tried running an antivirus or malware cleaner on it? Malwarebytes is free and usually does a pretty good job of cleaning out unwanted files. It would be a good idea to install it, update its definitions and run it on your C drive as well, since the thumb drive may have put files on you OS drive too.

3. Alicia1414

Alicia1414 Thread Starter

ok, I am running the malware bytes program now. Do I need to plug in my thumb drives to have those checked as well? sorry but how do I update the definitions once it is installed (malwarebytes)?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1213332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice