1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

None of your preferred networks are available

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JonHurley, Jul 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonHurley

JonHurley Thread Starter

Jul 12, 2011
    Hi I wonder if anyone can help me.
    whenever my mac book pro is woken up from sleep I get this message "None of your preferred networks are available".

I can see the router name "NETGEAR" on the list with a locked icon next to it and when I click on that it asks for a password (even though I have saved this information previously). So I enter the password and click join and it tries to connect but then says "connection timeout".

The only way around this is to turn the router off and on again and it connects -but as you can imagine this is a bit of a pain.

any help gratefully received.
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Mar 23, 2005
    I don't know MAC, but when similar happens with Windows I advise to make sure of the latest correct wireless driver; make sure of having the latest router firmware; reset the router to factory default settings and reconfigure it.

If that doesn't help the only solution is a different adapter and/or router. My workaround is to disconnect (or switch the integrated adapter off) before Standby/Sleep/Hibernation and then reconnect after the computer awakens.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1006910