1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

nonsense characters load instead of page in Firefox browser

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by mirico, Jun 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mirico

mirico Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joe
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Basic, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 450 @ 2.20GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 22 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 1
    RAM: 2036 Mb
    Graphics Card: Chell 1.7b for Intel(R) G33/G31, 320 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 223377 MB, Free - 57513 MB; D: Total - 14999 MB, Free - 7222 MB; F: Total - 953866 MB, Free - 814232 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0G679R
    Antivirus: ThreatTrack Security VIPRE, Updated and Enabled
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------My problem: When accessing Freestockcharts.com the page loads as triangels,question marks-example:���`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@������iG#)�*��eVe][email protected]�흼��{���{���;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"��O�
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Firefox browser is supposed to work. Chrome is not supposed to work and Internet Explorer doe not work as it produces the same characters.
    Any help would be appreciated. I am currently accessing stock charts @ Netdania.com but I would prefer freestock charts because the price is synchronous with the markets.

2. storage_man

storage_man

What version of FF are you using. Just tried it in 47.0 and it works great.

mirico likes this.
  3. mirico

mirico Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joe
    How strange is that...now it works! I put the sample in my question and copy and pasted it from the page.
    I have 47.0 but I did not just get it.
    Thank you for your help and quick response to my question.

4. mirico

mirico Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joe
    well , my excitement was crushed after I chose the free platform at freestockcharts.com and was rewarded with this:���`I�%&/m�{J�J��t��`$ؐ@������iG#)�*��eVe][email protected]�흼 ��{���{���;�N'���?\fdl��J�ɞ!���?~|?"�ǿ��/O��> /O�y�(ӗ_=y~v�~�}��w�ܽ���������/�����M�-��-�eV޽{����yۮݽ{uu5��7�ꋻo^�} X�xY�n�7dzv��Q�`��<�fGI��q[�e~�����m5}{2��O�E��~7�|ܤO�M_�u�-��E�*�ʶX���O�j��O���,�o�:/?���VˏR���^���"��ﮖ��y�����/�Y�=+ʼ�������x��{�L������o%���I�^�K�
    If anyone can help me please do.
    1. the website came up
    2.I made my choice and clicked the link and
    got jibberish.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!