Nook or Kindle?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JazzMan983

Hello all,

I spend about 400$ a semester on text books. I did some research, and I would actually save money if I bought a nook or a kindle and bought my text books in ebook format. So, I now have no excuse to not purchase a tablet. Which one would you guys recommend? Kindle fire or color nook? Possibly another tablet I did not think of?

iPad is out of the question. I will not spend as much money on a table as I would on a laptop. Pointless if you ask me.

Edit: I won't be purchasing one until around or right after Christmas. So hopefully the prices might drop down a little more.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Right now the Kindle Fire for $199 is about the best deal there is.

I do not have one yet (it is on the top of my Wish list for Christmas), but per the reports it is taking a big "Bite" out of the Apple.

If it was me I'd get a Kindle Fire. It seems to be the more popular choice, plus it's Amazon. They aren't going anywhere.

DoubleHelix

Banned
Where are you purchasing the textbooks from? What format are they in? Or would you be renting them from Amazon in which case your only option is a Kindle.

My vote would be for an Android tablet. That way, you could purchase books from Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

By the way, if you are thinking about buying textbooks on Barnes & Noble, those textbooks only work in NookStudy, not the Nook itself. NookStudy only works on computers (real smart, huh?).

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online