1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Nook or Kindle?

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by JazzMan983, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JazzMan983

JazzMan983 Thread Starter

Hello all,

I spend about 400$ a semester on text books. I did some research, and I would actually save money if I bought a nook or a kindle and bought my text books in ebook format. So, I now have no excuse to not purchase a tablet. Which one would you guys recommend? Kindle fire or color nook? Possibly another tablet I did not think of?

iPad is out of the question. I will not spend as much money on a table as I would on a laptop. Pointless if you ask me.

Edit: I won't be purchasing one until around or right after Christmas. So hopefully the prices might drop down a little more.

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Right now the Kindle Fire for $199 is about the best deal there is.

I do not have one yet (it is on the top of my Wish list for Christmas), but per the reports it is taking a big "Bite" out of the Apple.

3. mvirata

mvirata

If it was me I'd get a Kindle Fire. It seems to be the more popular choice, plus it's Amazon. They aren't going anywhere.

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Where are you purchasing the textbooks from? What format are they in? Or would you be renting them from Amazon in which case your only option is a Kindle.

5. Cheeseball81

Cheeseball81 Retired Moderator

My vote goes to Kindle.

6. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

My vote would be for an Android tablet. That way, you could purchase books from Barnes & Noble or Amazon.

By the way, if you are thinking about buying textbooks on Barnes & Noble, those textbooks only work in NookStudy, not the Nook itself. NookStudy only works on computers (real smart, huh?).

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029652

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice