1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Normal CPU temp and fan rpm

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Beech6, Jan 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Beech6

Beech6 Thread Starter

I have no idea what rpm my CPU and system fans should be. Also the ideal temp of my processor.

My current stats are:
    Intel E6600 Core 2 Duo (2.4ghz) - running at 22/71 temp

(MB is Gigabyte 945pl-DS3/S3)

System fan - 1885 rpm
    CPU fan - 785 rpm (my motherboard software has an alert flashing next to this).

Does all this sound about right?

Beech

2. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Hey,

Your processor is running too hot, the reason for this being that your CPU fan is either damaged or is of a poor stature. I would suggest turning off your system now and not powering back on until you get a decent CPU fan, otherwise something may give way. Your CPU fan should be around 5000+ RPM to cool the processor sufficiently.

Nick.

3. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If that is 22ºC/71ºF, it looks like your monitoring software isn't working right or your PC is in a very cold room. Or if it is that cool it could be the reason the fan is running so slow.

4. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I second that. Is the PC stable?

Try another monitoring program (speedfan or coretemp) or better yet, check the bios temp.

5. Beech6

Beech6 Thread Starter

Yes its 22ºC/71ºF. So out of 3 replies so far I've had "it's too hot' and now 'it's too cold' !! Now I'm really confused!
    Checking again, the cpu fan has now gone to 1207rpm and the CPU is at 29ºC/82ºF.

Therefore, I'm getting the impression that there's nothing to be concerned about judging by your comments.

6. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

You can use a utility like Speedfan to compare the CPU temp to other temps. If your CPU is 22ºC I would expect the case temp to be a few degrees cooler and the hard drive about 10º warmer than the case temp.

7. MaverickUK

MaverickUK

Just realised the 71 is ºF, oops.

8. win2kpro

win2kpro

Your processor is running very cool. The E6600 will normally idle around 35C and the fan speed at that temp will be about 1000 RPM. The thermal specs for either E6600 is 60.1C

9. kevmackim

kevmackim

guys how do you check your system temp....i got no clue coz mine here gets too hot and i dont know whats up...its a laptop by the way guys

10. Beech6

Beech6 Thread Starter

Thanks Guys. Downloaded Speedfan and it tells me all is ok. Most of my stats are under what they should be so I'm far from overheating! In fact everything seems very cool.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/666863

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice