Normal CPU temp.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

D. Shadow

ok guys, i recently ordered the AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.40GHz (San Diego version)

and what i noticed was the temps was a bit higher than that of my old 3500+ (2.20GHz)
41'C for the 4000+
25 to 35'C for the 3500+

is this normal due to the clock speed of the 4000+?? or is it because of some other physical factor?

----------------
Now playing: LTJ Bukem - Switch
via FoxyTunes

crjdriver

That temp is fine. There are many things that affect cpu temp;
Ambient temp
Case airflow
Type of hsf

Next I cannot see replacing a 3500+ with a 4000+ You are not really going to see much in the way of improvement at least not enough to justify the cost of the cpu. If you went to a dual core, then you might see some improvement [if you use multiple apps]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts