1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton 2000 freezes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fenris_wolf, Nov 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fenris_wolf

fenris_wolf Thread Starter

Attempting to use Norton Antivirus 2000 causes my computer to freeze at least 2/3 of the time. Norton no longer offers support for the product so I turn to you, my friends. The freeze occurs whether I am trying to scan something I've dowloaded or if I am
    trying to run a full-system scan. Not even control-alt-delete will break the freeze. I've yet to find a way out of the freeze short of turning the computer off.

2. hewee

hewee

Try reinstalling it and see if there are updates for it too.
    I mean go to start, programs, norton AV, settings live-update. There two of them on my older NAV 5.0 and the one updates the def. files and the other updates the program also.
    You may have to uninstall and then install it again. if your free year is up it will start over your year for you.

3. fenris_wolf

fenris_wolf Thread Starter

I do a live update once per week and am current on charges for service. I'll give the uninstall/reinstall a shot though. Thanks. I'll
    let you know what happens.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!