1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton 2005 Virus Definations

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by watsernamegi, Feb 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. watsernamegi

watsernamegi Thread Starter

Hi. I have Norton 2005 Systemworks in my computer. When I start Norton, it tells me that my virus definations are out of date and I get a pop up from Norton saying the same thing. When I go to do LiveUpdate, it always tells me that everything is Up to Date, but the program still says that they are out of date and need to be done automatically. Any ideas?

2. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

3. TOGG

TOGG

Did you try the Intelligent Updater option at Symantec's website?. It does the same thing (I assume) as the link telecom 69 posted, namely produces the whole definitions database as an .exe file which you doubleclick on to install.

Subject to that, can you check which version of Live Update you have and then see if the one issued last December is newer?;http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/files/lu/lu.html

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/330196

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice