Norton 2006 vs. SBC/Yahoo DSL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hashim

I have Windows XP. I had Norton 2005 and was to expire on 01/01/2006. I went to www.symantec.com and ordered Norton 2006. I got the setup.exe icon on my desktop. When installing it, it encountered some error at the end of installation. I restarted it. When I tried to get on SBC/Yahoo DSL, it gets a page not found. I tried to repair my connection and it did so, I still cannot get on the Internet. When I tried to perform a LiveUpdate for Norton 2006, it tried to connect to the Internet but cannot. There was another icon on my desktop, 'NIS06400.exe' but when I click on it, it says "Windows is trying to find the file" or something like that.

The odd thing, I cannot uninstall Norton 2006. I went to Windows XP Add or Remove Programs and I cannot do anything to Norton 2006. I tried to perform a search for Norton and found the files but could not just delete them.

Please help, I cannot connect to the Internet (SBC/Yahoo DSL) and I cannot undo the installation of Norton 2006. I am in a complete loop!

hashim

Think this could be a firewall issue?...if so, how can I turn off the firewall on Norton 2006?

Who know, just throwing out ideas...

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Haven't installed my 2006 yet ... but
Right click on the firewall icon and choose ... "disable"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online