1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton 360

Discussion in 'General Security' started by pensar, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pensar

pensar Thread Starter

:mad:
    I am running Windows XP Home on 2 computers and have installed Norton 360 version 2.0. Since installing both computers have slowed to half speed and both will not shut down properly. One computer freezes in the blue screen on shut down and the other just keeps rebooting so both have to be shut manually. I have been on to those idiots at symantec several times and have let them have the computer which resulted in nothing. If I cant come up with any results soon I will delete and never buy another symantec product again.

2. tacoman359

tacoman359

Norton is known to slow down your computer. I used to use Symantec Corporate Edition and I noticed no decrease in speed at all. There is no fix to the slowness that Norton causes. You just need to uninstall it and pick a different antimalware program. I suggest using ESET Smart Security, which contains a firewall, an antispam module, and antivirus/antispyware. Another good choice is AVG from Grisoft. There is both a free and paid version of this. In my experience, the AVG Internet Security program slowed down my computer a ton. After one day of using it, I switched back to the version that does not contain a firewall.

3. pensar

pensar Thread Starter

Yeah thanks for the heads up on Norton and the advice on the others. I will give one a go. I am just disappointed that a huge company like symantec can put out crap and people waste their money. My bad I suppose I just went off past norton products. Never again
    Anyway thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/705016

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice