1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Anti-Virus and Outgoing Mail

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by WalStro, Feb 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WalStro

WalStro Thread Starter

I have Norton anti-virus software on my wife's computer and every time I try to send a jpeg to somebody it scans it for viruses. I have a high level of confidence that my jpeg files are virus free (everything on my computer gets scanned on a regular basis). I'd like to cancel that action but don't have a clue as to how to go about it. Can anybody put me on the right track?

2. DVOM

DVOM

In NAV 2002 you can open the program, go to "options" up at the top, then "email" over on the left. There you can adjust the settings.

3. slipe

slipe

It doesn’t really take much longer. The regular send bar would be up for about the same amount of time – Norton AV just replaces the normal sending display. It takes only a fraction of a second to scan the file. If seeing the Norton send bar rather than the IE one irritates you it is easy enough to disable it as DVOM pointed out. But I would leave it there for stuff you might not be as sure of.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!