1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'Norton Anti' virus - Disturbing new variant robs creidt card details

Discussion in 'Tech Tips and Reviews' started by hermes, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hermes

hermes Thread Starter

Hi

Further to my report regarding the 'Norton Anti' Virus, I have been informed by a colleague of a new variant with a lethal payload.

When attempting to renew your subscription to this virus, you discover that you don't actually exist. This, I understand is because if you live in the UK, you live in a County, rather than a State. This renders you a non-person, and unable to renew your subscription.

My colleague contacted his credit card company to ask them if they could talk some sense into Symantec (The authors of the virus). He would have spoken to their tech support, but they want 29 euros to talk to you.

Surprise, surprise. Symantec have taken four subscription charges from his credit card account in two days!!!! Beware!!!!!

One last, and possibly most damning fact: The four amounts were different!!!!

Be Warned!!!(n)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice