1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Anti-Virus

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by transplanted, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. transplanted

transplanted Thread Starter

I just upgraded to Windows xp, and tried to install Norton SystemWorks 2003...each time, everything installs except Norton AntiVirus. I have tried re-installing several times and looking at the modify installation page to make sure it is going to install Everything, but NAV never installs. What is wrong here?

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Is there an error that comes up or is it that NAV will not open after the installation? There is a glitch where the shortcuts aren't correct and have to be manually corrected in several places.

www.symantec.com has a huge database of help topics, it's generally the first place I go when having trouble with Symantec Products.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

There is also a complete manual uninstall procedure on the Symantec website, and if an install is failing, that's the first step I'd take, then try it again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!