1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

norton antivirus and navw32.exe

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by daves01902, Sep 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. daves01902

daves01902 Thread Starter

I just reinstalled my norton antivirus, and when I do a system scan, it stops at navw32.exe, and then a window pops up that says "norton antivirus scanner module has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    I have an option to look at the error, but I don't know what all the info is about.
    Is there something wrong with the navw32.exe file? If so, can I repair it, or possibly get another one?

Also, I can't get my Norton Internet Security firewall to work. It says to change options I must be using the administrator account...I am, its the only account on this computer..
    Any help is appreciated!
    D

2. TOGG

TOGG

You say you reinstalled NAV but was that as a stand alone program or as part of NIS (which contains the firewall that doesn't work properly)?

You may be aware that Symantec products are extremely sensitive to any remnants of earlier installs and that they scatter information all over the Registry etc.

Depending on which program you have, you may need to use one of the removal tools Symantec provide to clean up old installs. I suggest that you go to the Symantec site and search 'Rnav' and 'Rnis' and perhaps also your version of NIS, and see what comes up.

I found something about navw32.exe, but it isn't your error message and it's for a very old version of NAV;http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256b17005ab955?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!