Norton Antivirus - Hosts File

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

GingerSunshine

Hello: I have Norton AntiVirus and Webroot Spy Sweeper on my computer. Recently when Norton AntiVirus runs a full system scan, Spy Sweeper informs me that Norton is trying to make changes to my HOSTS file and asked whether I want such change blocked. I don't remember noticing that before, but maybe I just wasn't in the room and Spy Sweeper blocked the change. I understand you are not suppose to let things change your HOSTS file. Is that right? Why would Norton want to? Should I let it? And I may have let it once a few weeks ago - is that cause for concern? Also, should I have more than the one Anti-Spyware program on my machine. If yes, any recommendations?
Thanks for any help.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online