1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Antivirus Need Help Fast!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by javierg86, Feb 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. javierg86

javierg86 It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

I started norton antivirus and on the top in comes the actual system state. Why does it say " Requires atention"????' is this bad??? and how can i solve this.

2. javierg86

if i go live update it tells me that a file it is trying to download is damaged and i can´t download any new virus definitions.

3. slipe

slipe

4. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

Usually there is a check mark next to the items below, such as Auto Protect, email scanning etc. Check to see which one of the items has a red check mark beside it. If you double click on the item checked red, it should tell you the problem. I disabled my auto update once and it read needs attention. Check your virus definitions like slipe said. I manually download from the computer system I got, just not auto download. You can go to the website and download also. Have never gotten a message as yours states. After you download, run a full system scan. I heard from somewhere that certain viruses stop you from downloading antivirus updates, even visiting antivirus sites. Don't know how true this is.

5. javierg86

thanks jdemnyan1116
    i will download the virus definitions manually and thanks for the help...

6. javierg86

and sorry for not naming you Slipe... thought only one person had replied :D

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!