1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Antivirus problem

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by ravenecw2, Jan 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ravenecw2

ravenecw2 Thread Starter

alright i was given a cd by a friend of a friend, and it was getting passed around as Norton Antivirus 2005. So i decided to be an idiot and try it out to upgrade my 2004. The installation went fine i thought, but after restarting a window saying my msi didn't execute the setup or something to that nature. i continued to reboot, and then norton wasn't even on my computer. I then noticed that little things on internet explorer seemed to have messed up. I can't login to my hotmail account anymore, nothing happens when i press the sign in button on another account, and on a couple of other sites the login buttons have disappeared completely, makin it impossible for me to view anything under internet explorer. I downloaded mozilla and it works fine with everything showing up. Also whatever this is has infested my search function on the start toolbar. Instead of everything showing up in the window, all that shows up is a little animated dog that says search companion, there isn't even a title on the window, its blank. I need major help people! i need to get rid of this somehow and virus scans aren't picking it up. HELP ME PLEASE IN ANY WAY

Nick

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/323320

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice