Norton AV 2002

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

skarz

I'm looking to upgrade to from Norton AntiVirus 2001 to 2002. Should I uninstall 2001 and install 2002 or would it be best to get the upgrade?? Thanx for any advice.

Does the 2001 work? There is really no reason to upgrade to 2002 unless there si something new that you need. As long as you update the virus defs regularly it shouldn't be a problem.

skarz

Ok, well when the live updates run out how do you renew them?

Symantec Sales # is 800-745-6054. They have some option about Virus Subscriptions i think.

Unless Norton changed things on the newer versions if you do a uninstall and then install NAV your time will start over.

There isn't a "time limit" on live updates! I still have pre AV2000 and still get updates no problem. I also have PCAnywhere version 7 and still get live updates. As long as it's a full version and not trial ware you shouldn't have a problem.

Rockn,

Well my time ran out over a year ago on NAV 5.0 and I can not use the live update.
But I can from Norton System Doctor add a Sensor for NAV that lets me know when I last updated the def. files. I can use it up update the NAV. It is for the def. files only but hey it works.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts