Norton AV 2005 error on opening Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BridgeGuy

When I open Outlook 2003 (11.6359.6360)Sp1 I get an error in the form of two pop ups from Norton Antivirus 2005.
The first popup up says this:
Please wait while Windows configures Norton Anitvirus 2005
The second popup pops up over top of the first and it says:
Norton Antivire 2005 does not support the Repair
feature, please uninstall and reinstall.

If I click ok on the second popup both popups go away and then reappear and I click ok again two more times for a total of three times that these popups occur
If I do nothing and wait, these popups dissapear after exactly 2 minutes.

The Norton AV 2005 I have was purchased over the net and I am not sure how to re-install it as I have no CD to install from. I am also worried about why I need to re-install Norton AV 2005.

Has anyone got any idea whether I should really do the reinstall?
I have run Norton AV and it show no errors at all in its status.

Thanks in advance,

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi BridgeGuy

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

See if this link helps:
Message: "Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the repair feature..."

When you downloaded Norton Anitvirus 2005 from the Internet, did you save the program to its own folder?
If so, and it is necessary to reinstall Norton Anitvirus 2005, use the file you downloaded to do the reinstall.
If not, you should be able to redownload the file if your subscription is current.

This link gives the steps for uninstalling and reinstalling Norton Anitvirus 2005, download the file first (if you did not save it) before uninstalling Norton Anitvirus 2005.
Installing Norton AntiVirus 2005 that was downloaded from the Symantec Store

Let us know what happens.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online