Norton doesn't allow internet access

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nedam

Parental control is off, security settings for the fire wall are none, allow all. Java Applet and activex control say none, allow all. When I turn the firewall off access is immediate. With the fire wall on no access is possible. I am using a Toshiba Satellite with windows xp. This problem started occurring after using a dial connection while away from my home network. Thanks for any advise.

Oh yeah. I have seen this plenty of times. I am a fan of Norton System work and internet security for the past 5 years now. Call Symantec and they will give you the run around. There is one easy way of fixing this. Given that you have Norton internet security 2005 I will tell you what to do (If older ver. Do the same thing but steps may differ). Start internet security. Click on Personal firewall. Click on Configure. Select the Locations tab at the top. This will give you your list of networks. Delete the one that says default and restart. If that does not work then Delete all of them and restart. Don’t worry this will not change your other nettings. However when you restart the firewall will detect a new network and rebuild what you just deleted. You may have to select what type of network it is again. IE, Default, home, office, or away. This should work until the next time it blocks everything again. It’s a common problem now for about 2 ½ years.

My Brother just upgraded his Norton anitviruson (he might have upgraded entire System Works) on his Toshiba laptop and now he gets ERROR 77RFJT when he tries to sign on to AOL. He called AOL tech support & they are telling him it's a problem with his modem. I saw this thread and thought this might be applicable to him. What do you think?

Thanks for any help,
eflowjr
[email protected]

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts