Norton from compaq okw/ DELL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gooley

Have copy of Norton Internet Security 2002 that I received w/ old Compaq computer. Will there be a problem if I install this to my new DELL???

gooley: If it's a stand alone product. I don't see why it would not work.
Doesn't your new Dell already have Norton installed by Dell?

gooley

no, it had mcafee. I just had to reinstall XP so thought I'd use Norton instead of Mcafee.

I'm sure you're aware that you can't have both of them on your computer at the same time.
I have had McAfee since 2000. I like it, however, Dell puts on a free trial of whatever virus program they can get cheapest. At the end of the trial period, you have to buy it.
Good luck

gooley

Thats what I got w/ the DELL (Mcafee) I decided against it as I've read alot of posts that were critical of of it ie: hogging resources etc. Just to be sure I'll go buy latest Norton just to prevent any possible conflicts. Thanks again!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts