Norton Ghost 10 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vhale

I cannot use Ghost 10 within windows to back up one drive to another.

First, I click on "run Norton Ghost" from within Windows XP. Then I click on "copy my hard drive." Then the wizard takes over and I attempt to copy drive F to drive C. The error screen says, "This operation cannot be performed while windows is running. You must complete this operation within the recovery invironment."

This means I must boot Ghost from the original disk I received, HOWEVER, there are no instructions on the boot disk or in the ghost manual to complete the operation I want.

Anyone know how to do it?

BTW, I have used Norton Ghost 2003 to do the same thing with Windows 98SE and it was a breeze. I just can't do it with Ghost 10 and Windows XP....

Have you had any luck with Norton Ghost 10? I just bought a new Dell with and additional hard drive and it came with Norton Ghost 10. I haven't used it yet and I'm wondering if you were able to work out your problems?

thanks and good luck

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online