1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Norton Ghost 2002 Issues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by omniflare, Sep 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

I'm currently trying to get my harddrive from the source 40, to the destination 60. the source is going bad and i want to image it disk to disk to the 60 before it dies.
    When i go to hit disk to disk, it lets me select the 40, but when it asks for the destination drive, the 60 isnt a selectable option. Am i missing something? What am i doing wrong?!

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

What format is your 60 gig drive? If the destination drive is formatted as NTFS, your version of Ghost will not be able to access it. Ghost 2003 supports NTFS partitions but earlier versions do not.

Rollin

3. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

You have got to be kidding me. The source drive is NTFS and it picks it up just fine. So it cannot do a disk to disk ghost if the destination is NTFS?

4. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

That is correct. The quote below comes directly from Symantec web site. Sorry!

Rollin

5. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

yea i checked that out after you wrote your first post. damn my luck. I'll see if i can score a copy of 2003 or something thatll do the job. or at least try and figure out some sort of work around.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You can use a free drive utility from the manufacturer of one of the hard drives to clone the drive - not create an image so it will overwrite everything on the source drive.

Also Ghost 2002 can ghost/clone a NTFS drive, just not write an image to a NTFS drive. In this case you need to check that the drive is connected properly and recognised in the BIOS.

7. omniflare

omniflare Thread Starter

See i thought that didnt make sense. this drive is just fine, and the computer see's it and i can put anything on it i want. I got to do a disk to disk, and it SEE's the 2nd drive , but wont let me select it as the destination drive.

8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    If you do plan on just cloning the entire drive, ie overwritting the new drive, then download and run the hard drive manufacturer's utilities.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!